Monday, March 12, 2012

Sources

I have been having a really hard time finding sources lately.  I thought that I would be able to find a lot through the church archives, but it turns out that the archives are not accessible online, so I will need to go to Salt Lake City in order to complete my research on that end.  From my searches through BYU's library website, and on the world wide web itself I haven't been able to find anything very pertinent.  Another possible source has been Irapuato's newspaper, El Sol de Irapuato, which has some articles online, but I don't think they have much of their older stuff and I don't really know how to search in Spanish very well, for instance, I probably still wouldn't have any idea which key words to search for, even if I had the vocabulary.

What I really need is an expert.  I am going to go later this week, Thursday, and talk with Fernando Gomez, the curator for the Mormon Mexico History Museum here in Provo.  He has spent most of his life collecting information about the history of the LDS church in Mexico, so I hope that not only will he have some pertinent information for me, but that he will be able to point me in the right direction for the rest of my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment