Friday, March 2, 2012

The Little Big Things

As time goes on this semester the realization that I am actually going to be living in Mexico for 3 months is sinking in more and more.  It is rather daunting.  I remember when January of 2008 rolled around and I realized that by the end of that year I would be serving a full-time mission for the Lord.  There was never any question about whether or not I should do it, it was just the weight of that realization settling in, reminding me that this was something that was going to be different, hard, and most of all-- very real.

Strangely it's not the really big things that have been occupying my mind, but the little things.  For some reason the strangest things keep entering into my head, like what am I going to eat every day? and what clothes should I bring with me? and how what do I do when I blank on how to conjugate a verb and no words are coming out of my mouth.

But, I guess that it's the little things, the things that happen every day, that are really big.  They are important because they happen every day, and I guess that's why I worry about them.  And hopefully I won't let those little things turn into big worries.

Benjamin

No comments:

Post a Comment