Monday, January 30, 2012

Come Together

I finally got an email from Grover with a little more insight into my project! This is what he said concerning the purpose of the project:

"The purpose of this project is to help under the Church in Mexico by collecting the stories of the early members and their conversion and coming into the Church."


Excellent!


This is one of those great moments where exactly what you were hoping to do connects with what what you are required to do; this purpose lines up directly with my desires and intentions in completing the project. You see, I wanted my project to be something personal, something that would be a benefit to the saints in Irapuato. I wanted them to be able to read this history and say: ¡Qué gran herencia que tenemos! (What a great heritage we have!). This purpose fills all of those desires that I had by making my history personal for the people. This path will also help me to get the members excited to participate in my research.


The way has become clearer. The questions before me now are more focused. The first two of these being:


Primera: How will I publish this in Spanish so that the people can read it?
Segunda: Who will I interview? How will I know who to interview and how will I find them?


To the first one- I have a great resource in Fernando Gomez, curator of  The Museo de Historia del Mormonismo here in Provo and Mexico City. Perhaps he will be willing to help me translate my history into Spanish. He also might be able to give me some pointers in the right direction as to whom I should interview as well.

¡Felicidades!

No comments:

Post a Comment