Saturday, January 21, 2012

Me Gusta Esta Clase

I had a lot to think about for class on Friday. I really liked what our teacher Ashley said about putting all of the pieces together for our project. She articulated quite well different ideas that were still floating around, half-formed, in my brain over the past week. She spoke about the difficulty of combining ideas such as our level of interest, the parameters and qualifications we have upon us, and the location and time we will be there.

I loved the analogy of of the jigsaw puzzle because I could see how everything in my project was related. As I was considering my different options, like I did in my last post, I noticed myself going through the process of critical and careful project reform that we talked about in class. I now have a better idea of my interests in Mexico, and I wonder a lot about the parameters that I have to work within.

What is remarkable to me is how much I am learning about my project. I came into this semester thinking that I was extra prepared because of the work I had done to apply for the ORCA grant. Now I am beginning to see how little I know about the area, the project, and my interests.

When this class first started I thought that the question assignments were rather redundant. But they have been one of my greatest helps as I really begin to question WHY I am going to Mexico and WHAT I am going to do there.

I hope to take these next few months in this class and really put them to good use. I am glad for this preparation class. Ya me enseñó muchas cosas ayudables. (It has already taught me many useful things).

Benjamín

No comments:

Post a Comment